Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BIG BOY UNDIES!

Dakota has been potty training for a little over a month now.  At the beginning he was going on the potty approximately 4 times a day.  He was excited to get his stickers, and we made a huge deal about every successful trip.  I felt he was ready to move up to a "training" diaper...and he was super excited because these new diapers had "dump trucks" on them.  But since then he has regressed...he now only goes an average of 2 times a day on the potty.  I do take some responsibility...with my job it is very hard to try to make sure he gets on his Potty every 20 minutes "just in case".  He still loves his stickers...but I feel like I had to step it up a notch.  I didn't want to reward him with food or candy...so we went out & got...
"BIG BOY UNDERWEAR".  
So excited!
 strutting his stuff...
 look at that butt....
This is his new treat for going on the potty when he wakes up in the morning.  I still put diapers on him for naps, night time & when we are going out of the house.  So far he has only had 1 accident in them...and he was very upset about it...he thought he "ruined" them.  I by no means think that he is going to be magically potty trained...but I am hoping it keeps us going forward in our process to become diaper free!

No comments:

Post a Comment