When we got back from our trip to PA, I decided it was time to start potty training with Dakota. The very 1st day he went 2 times on his potty! I told him if he did, he would get a sticker....he immediately performed, then asked "where's my sticker". I never expected this to happen so quickly. I made a rookie mistake....I told Dakota he would get a sticker, without actually checking to make sure I had stickers...LOL!
Luckily I had a stash of Flyers stickers in my drawer...so he received two Philadelphia Flyers stickers his 1st day of Potty Training! I know that he will kill me for ever sharing these pics....but I just HAD to document this....
So, needless to say...at 5pm that night...Dakota and I went out to Michael's to buy some stickers...$15 later...we were ready for this next adventure in our lives. I bought him stickers, and as we were walking around the store he saw a book rack..."Mom, I want books". How could I possibly turn that down? So we got some books for him to read while he is on the potty.
We have been working on the potty thing, and he goes an average of 4 times a day on the potty for me. He even tells me sometimes when he needs to go, so we go running. It's hard for me to try to do the every 20 minute thing with my job...so we are just winging it right now. He by no means is ready for big boy pants...but we will get there.



No comments:
Post a Comment