I have been trying to make a post for over an hour now....for some reason my computer is running extremely slow with loading pictures...so this one will have to be a word only post.
I didn't want to jinx it...but Dakota has been Binky free for almost a week now. And I have to say, it was fairly easy!
Kevin decided last weekend to see if he would "forget" that he was supposed to get his binky when we tucked him in for the night. Well, he did....he didn't ask for it, and he fell asleep with no issues...slept the whole night without waking up or anything. So there was no turning back from there...binky's went into the drawer so he wouldn't see them ever again.
Monday night we were putting him to bed, Dakota asked for his Binky. Daddy told him no more Binky. Dakota scrunched his face up, got all teary eyed...and asked for his binky again....Kevin was folding up like a lawn chair on me...he was turning around to get him the Binky. I had to kick Daddy out of the room. I just told Dakota that he doesn't need a Binks anymore, that we threw them away, bye bye binks!
Dakota stuck out his lower lip, had teary eyes...that little boy look where he really wanted to cry, but knew that he shouldn't because he was supposed to be tough. I swear that memory is going to stay with me forever.
BUT...I had to plow through. So I just sat there & talked to him for a little bit, told him that he was going to be fine, rubbed his belly. After a minute or two, I told him goodnight, I love him, etc. & walked out!
I immediately ran to the monitor so that I could watch him...if he threw a fit...I didn't know what I was going to do...that was all I could think about.
When I put the monitor on, he was just laying in bed like normal. Then I hear him say "Bye Bye Binks"
AND THAT IS THE END OF THE BINKY!

No comments:
Post a Comment