Friday, October 1, 2010

RECALL!!!!

Fisher Price had a major recall this week....as I was scrolling through the website...I started noticing a common theme "rain forest"...which just happens to be the theme I went for when picking out Dakota's things...YAY!  I don't really use any of it anymore...but I am storing it away for the next baby...so I wanted to check it all.  My pack n play was the 1st thing I noticed on the list.  You have to answer all kinds of questions on the site to determine if your model is included in the recall...so I pulled it all apart...YUP, mine is included in the recall.  Meanwhile, Dakota took a liking to his little changing table/sleeper thing...LOVED IT.  I explained to him that he used to sleep in there when he was a baby.  This is what he did for the next hour or so.....


I remember when he didn't even fill that thing up...so sad!  My little baby is getting so big!  I was lucky that only 1 other thing ended up being on the recall list.

Dakota is saying a lot of cute/funny things.  He is so much fun to be around...I just adore him. 
Tonight he said to me... "Mom, there is germs on my arm" He is holding out his arm to me.  I said "really?".  His response.  "yea, they gonna make you sick".  I have never said this to him before...so I am not sure where he got it, but it just cracks me up! 
He LOVES to go to the food store.  He talks the whole time we are in there, he is waving at people, saying Hi to them, showing them things...it's hysterical.  He literally gets so excited when we go to the different sections.  He says (real loud) "Yogurt" when we are in the dairy section.  He says "american cheese" when we go to the deli counter.  "Pizza" when we pass it.  The funniest is probably when we go down the beer isle. (in Florida you can buy beer & wine at the grocery stores) He says SUPER loud.. "gotta get Daddy's beer".  People just crack up.  He loves the juice isle & the cereal isle.  When we are about 20 feet away from the fruit he starts getting really excited and screaming "NANA'S".  He then proceeds to point out all the different fruits & vegetables by name & color.  "Look Mom, there's green peppers".  "Mom, let's get some grapes".  "STRAWBERRIES"...it goes on and on....he gets so much attention from everyone telling him how cute he is, and he just eats it up!
Friday night has become our Pizza & Cars movie night.  We were sitting on the couch watching...he had Lightning McQueen in one hand, Mater in the other...he kept holding them up to the TV screen & saying "look, that's you" It was so darn cute.  He later put them up to his shoulder/neck area & said "I love my guys".  He noticed me looking down at him, he turns to me, "Love you too Mom" Makes everything worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment