Dakota is doing really well with the Potty training. The one hang up that we are having is that he cannot get his underwear off by himself. Last Friday he went into the bathroom because he needed to go...he didn't know how to get his underwear off, ended up peeing all over the tile floor in the bathroom, and the throw rugs in the bathroom. After he did this, he then slipped & fell in it...ugh! He came out of the bathroom crying, with pee all over himself, and a big wet spot right on the back of his head. He knows when he needs to go, and he knows how & what he needs to do....so instead of telling me....he just goes to do it himself. I was so freaked out by this...I threw him in the bathtub, threw all the rugs in the wash, mopped the floor....and then googled symptoms of a concussion....LOL! Poor kid, I was quizzing him on all kids of stuff to make sure he was alert, I was flashing the flashlight into his eyes to check his pupils...I didn't put him down for his nap that afternoon...LOL!
So, I opted for the "no bottom" method for the next few fays. Dakota loves it! He is so independent....he goes into the bathroom when he needs to go, sits on his potty, does his thing...then comes out & tells me so he can get his sticker. I have to admit, his little butt is so darn cute...don't cha think?
Today I needed to get out of the house...so Dakota and I went down to the pier at the Cape Coral Yacht Club. We walked the pier, watched the boats, talked to people, and watched the sunset. Here are a few pictures that I snapped...
After looking at the sunset, I felt a lot better and we headed home for dinner. It was just what I needed, and Dakota had fun too!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment