Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, I took Dakota & Darby to Church.  The pre-school that Dakota attends is attached to a Methodist Church.  He learns about God and goes to "chapel" while he is in school...and they sent home a flyer saying that they were having a Christmas Eve session that was geared towards kids, and they were inviting all of the kids to attend.  I am not a religious person, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to get Dakota there.  It was about an hour long, and Dakota did ok.  He was a little antsy, and he wanted to talk the whole time (go figure, right?), but was very good for the most part.  Darby slept thru the entire thing...she was asleep after the 1st song...lol!  Dakota was excited that he knew the Pastors, and we even saw his little girlfriend "Olivia"...they were talking to each other across the pews...so cute!
All dressed up for Church
Little Miss Darby in her Christmas outfit
 Dakota's Christmas Picture that they sent home from Pre-School
 After church, we came home & made some treats for the neighbors and Santa.  It was a great way to keep him busy, because he DID NOT want to go to bed...lol!  
 The beginning of Dakota watching his Santa video....
At 9:30, we all got into our Christmas PJ's, I read him 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and off to sleep he went.
SANTA CAME!!!
 Dakota came in & jumped on our bed in the morning saying "SANTA WAS HERE LAST NIGHT!!!!!"  He then proceeded to tell us that Santa left him a bike!  He was very excited.  Grandmom & Pop were coming over for Breakfast & to watch him open presents...so we had to wait for them.  In the meantime, we let him try out his bike....
(Dakota was watching me while I was cropping this pic on Picnik...he insisted that I put the gingerbread man on the pic...so I figured I could use it to hide my fat...lol!)

Dakota enjoyed opening all of his presents...my favorite part...that he enjoyed opening his PJ's and underwear just as much as he like opening his games & puzzles.  He is such a good kid  :)  I am really going to remember this when he is older & asking for XBOX's, IPADS or whatever expensive gadgets are around then...lol!
Christmas Shirt from Aunt Chele....
 more bike riding...
 One of Dakota's favorite gifts of the year....
Who would have thought that a fake fish tank would have gone over so well?!?!?!?  He loves it!
 We had a great day!  Dakota asked to go to bed because he was so tired.  He even asked if he could wear a pair of his new PJ's, and we read a new book too!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Smith's Family ChristmasJanuary 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

    OMG, Love the video, how he was talking back to santa..lol Too funny. Glad u guys had a nice Christmas. And Happy News Years to everybody..Love Ya's !!!!

    ReplyDelete