The Smith kids sitting on Santa's lap...
So....how many times did you look at the picture before reading on?!?!? You are not going crazy, your eyes aren't fooling you....DARBY IS MISSING!!!!!!!Here's the story....
I asked Kevin if he wanted to come along while we went to see Santa. We drive down to Bass Pro Shops, the picture is free...and I figured Kevin could walk around the store. We get down there at 7pm, the line is super long...but they have a worker there handing out "passes". Tells us to walk around & enjoy the store, come back at 7:45. Tells us we would see Santa in the 8-8:30 time slot...ugh! OK, we kinda expected this...so we walk around the store. At 7:45, we go get in line...I feel like it's even longer of a line than before...but it is what it is, right? LOL! So I let Kevin and Dakota free to roam the store, play all the games, etc. I will stay in line, after all....I just fed Darby before we walked in, so she was sleeping peacefully in her stroller. At 8:20PM Kevin and Dakota come back to find me about 5 people away from seeing Santa. YAY!
Here's where the story gets good....
As they were walking up...sweet little Darby was waking up from her slumber....she was making all kinds of crazy faces...and I thought..."OH NO...DON'T YOU DARE LITTLE GIRL!!!"........ Yup, she did! She pooped!!!! I picked her up, Kevin looked at her back...and I saw his face...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!?!!?!? I grabbed the diaper bag & off I went. Kevin was trying to tell me it was no big deal, that we would deal with it after the picture...but I just gave him a dirty look while running. I ask someone where the Bathroom is...and of course...it was in the complete opposite corner of the Store! I literally ran with her to the bathroom...the poor girl was creaming her head off because I was literally changing her diaper at the speed of light. Thank goodness I put a onsie on under her clothes...that went into the trash...LOL! Once dressed, I ran back to the Santa area...just in time to see Kevin and Dakota walking towards me! I ask Kevin, "Did you already go?". And Kevin, in his true fashion, answers, "yeah". I ask him again, just to make sure.."you got the picture taken already?". He says yes & tries to hand me the picture. I am REALLY trying to hold it together at this point...but tears sprung to my eyes "are you kidding?", I say. He then goes into all these "what's the problem?", "I don't see what the big deal was" kinda things...I can't even look at him. I ask him why he didn't let people go in front of him? He replies that he "let 4 or 5 people go, I couldn't wait...I tried". Then I remember that I needed to be excited for Dakota...so I ask him if he told Santa what he wanted, putting on my bravest face. Again, Kevin chimes in "It wasn't like that. They plopped him on Santa's lap & snapped a picture. They didn't want him to wave, so Santa held his arm down, he was literally on Santa's lap for 18 seconds". (Sounds like Santa didn't want to be there anymore & was pushing through the last group of people so he could get the hell outta there) That just made everything worse...I was heartbroken walking out of the store to the car.
On the drive home, Kevin finally says.."What are you so upset about?" He says it like I am overreacting, and being annoying. I respond, " I am upset because I have 2 kids, and my picture with Santa only has 1 of them in it!!!!". Then, I see it wash over his face....he says, "You wanted Darby in the picture?" "YES, of course, why wouldn't I?" IT NEVER OCCURRED TO HIM THAT DARBY WOULD BE IN THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry harder. He says, "I was wondering why you were freaking out about changing her diaper?" I said, "Well, I couldn't put her on Santa's lap with Poop running up her back!", He replies "No, absolutely not...But I just never put the 2 together"
So that's it...that is our Christmas picture for 2011....and my Husband gets the "Dumbass Husband" award of the year....LOL! It's a good thing I love him!


No comments:
Post a Comment