Wednesday, December 14, 2011

1 Month Old!

Darby is 1 Month old!
It's been an exciting 1st month with our little girl.  The word I really want to use is stressful, but I am really trying to work on being positive...LOL!
When we went to the Dr. last week for her follow up appt., she had gained 1/2 of a pound in 1 weeks time...the Dr. was very pleased.  She was 7lbs. 6 oz.
She is still in newborn clothes, and newborn diapers...I think she will be out of those within the next week or so...
She is still sporting the reddish colored hair....we still have no idea where she is getting that from...lol!
We have noticed that she is definitely more aware of the things around her....she is a nosy little thing...lol!  She holds her head up all the time when I am holding her.  She loves to look at her big brother (and Dakota loves that).
Otherwise, we are still trying to get used to having 2!  We are still figuring things out.  Friday nights used to be our Food Shopping night...now I am second guessing those trips...those carts that fit both kids are just too big...I cannot navigate around with it.  I am going to start my walking again next week...and that is going to be interesting as well.  I do not have a double stroller, and I do not see us getting one...so I think I am going to put Darby in a carrier & keep her snuggled up to me...unless Kevin is home and then I could leave one home.
Dakota just won't be able to keep up on a bike yet....my walk is 3 miles long....and the last thing I want is to be 1/2 way through...and have a pooped out 3 year old...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment