Monday, October 25, 2010

OKTOBERFEST!!!!!!

On Saturday we took Dakota to the local Oktoberfest celebration!  We had so much fun! We went early so that we could get back home in time for the Phillies game...and it was perfect.  It was busy, but not packed.  Dakota LOVES to people watch, so he was in heaven watching all the people, as well as being excited about the rides.
Here we are on the Elephants, I HAD to get a pic for my Mom
(she LOVES Elephants)

Then it was off to rides the boats...he wanted the "red boat"




 We went on the Merry Go Round, he picked out the horse he wanted to ride.
 (Kevin was taking pics every time we came around...THIS was the best one...lol!)
 We also went down the big, inflatable slide, and he went into this big blown up clown thing...it wasn't a bounce house...but it was just a big bubble, filled with balloons...and constant air blowing them around.  Dakota loved it.  The Festival runs until Halloween...so we may go back for another visit.

This past week was a little trying for me...I put Dakota in for bed last Sunday night, only for him to scream & cry his head off.  I went in to check on him...he literally climbed up me as soon as I got close enough to his crib.  He told me "I get out here now".  I assumed something had scared him, and we stayed up together for a good 2 hours before he would go back to bed.  I didn't think much of it, until he did the same thing again the next night...and then the same at his naps.  Dakota has decided that he doesn't like to go to bed...he is afraid he is going to miss something.  I hate letting him "cry it out", but that is what I had to do.  I have the video monitor...so I just watched him on there until he stopped crying & laid down.  It was really hard, but after a few days...he is back to going to bed without much of a fight. WHEW!  I have been so spoiled with him, that was hard!
On the flip side,  he has been saying some more really cute things....
-He came in while I was in the shower..."Mom, it's raining in your shower".

-I am sure everyone has seen in my pictures that we have ugly green carpet in the house...I absolutely hate it...and cannot wait until we can afford to replace it.  Well, Dakota was telling me to put something somewhere the other day...and his orders were..."Mom, put it on the grass"...pointing to my carpet...LOL!

-Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning.  I washed Dakota's sheets & blankets...made his bed all nice for him.  When we took him in for bed, he looks in his crib, turns to me and says "thanks for cleaning my bed".







No comments:

Post a Comment