Thursday, July 29, 2010

new use of chair!

This is Dakota's play room....I pretty much let him trash it throughout the day...and then clean it up after he is in bed for the night.  He has now started to help me clean up before bed time.  He sings "Clean up, Clean up, Everybody clean up".  It's the most adorable thing...makes me happy to clean up...lol!
Well, I look up from my computer the other day...and this is how I find him watching TV....
 I really do consider myself lucky...this is about as crazy as he gets with his climbing.  He climbs on the couch & on the beds...even the coffee table & his play shelves...but he is very cautious!  I am very thankful for this...because when I watch Daddy play with him, throwing him around & showing him all kinds of crazy things....I get pains all the way in the pit of my stomach.  I am not sure what I am ever going to do if he ever really gets hurt...or should I say WHEN he gets hurt.  He hasn't even thought of climbing out of his crib.  In fact, I can leave him in there for up to an hour after he has woke up.  Sometimes Kevin and I just watch him through the monitor.  He plays with his toys, moves them from one side to the other.  He also plays with the blankets, doing all kinds of things to amuse himself....I am sure that no one believes me, but it's true.
I don't want to repeat myself...but Dakota knows all of his colors.  He takes every chance he can to tell me too!  Tonight I took him outside to look at the sunset...it was just the beginning of the crazy Florida colors.  He looks at it and says "Look Mom, sky's orange".
He is still counting in English & Spanish.  He is better in Spanish!  We were on our walk this week, and we were singing our ABC's.  It's so cute....he starts out "A B C D, F G...then mumbles to K, mumbles through to P, knows Q R S...skips to V, then it's all of the sudden Z!  He sings the ending too.  (I had him sing it for Kevin the other day...I thought the poor guy was gonna melt!) 
After a couple times of singing this during our walk, he turns around to me & says "I count in Spanish".  I tell him, "ok, you start"...he says..."uno", then proceeds to count to 10!  It's really crazy!  He then said he wanted to count in English, again I told him to start...."one", he says.   He pretty much can count to 10, but sometimes gets to 5, then says 2 again.
He knows all of his animals & even tells me what sound they make, without me asking.  I can see how this is going to turn on me when he gets into that "know it all" stage down the road.....LOL!
He is a jabberjaw ALL THE TIME!  He greets every TV show with "HI ____" (insert character name).  He goes through every character on the show too!  so funny.  He tells them "BYE ___" at the end of the show.  He is wonderful at giving compliments.  When he is playing Basketball with his Dad, he says "Nice Shot, Dad". or "try again, Dad".  The other night I was cleaning up after dinner, Dakota comes into the Kitchen & says "Nice dinner, Mom".  then when I was done wiping the table he says, "nice job, Mom".  cracks me up.
There is so much more...but I won't brag anymore today...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment