Dakota was very excited for his Birthday! I am not sure he knew what was going on, but he knew we had been making a big deal about it for a while now. I went into his room in the morning...said "Happy Birthday Dakota!" His response, "Thank you Mommy!. I go to beach today!" That was our plan...so getting ready for the beach it was. Kevin and I had discussed when to give him his presents...and I thought that we decided to wait until after the beach. We thought it wouldn't be right to give him presents, then ask him to leave them...sounded like a temper tantrum waiting to happen. Well, Kevin woke up and decided to give him the presents....LOL! He is the weak one...he just melts over this kid. So, present time it was....
(I had to upload these onto youtube, I think they were too long for the site to upload)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0iE04Wowkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_7uqCK1YE
I told you that I had been working on getting Dakota to answer the question "How old are you?" I have the poor kid so obsessed with counting....when I tell him "2 years old", he backs it up with "3 years old"! If I said 3 years old, he would say 4 years old...LOL!
I think that Dakota was very pleased with his presents. We got him some new bath toys, puzzles, a basketball net, a baseball tee, some cars that race, more building things, and pool toys.
After opening presents we went to the beach. We had a great time playing in the sand & swimming in the ocean. After about 3 hours, Dakota said "Mom, I go home now"! He helped me clean up all of his toys, and back home we went.
Grandmom & Grandpop Smith got Dakota this great firetruck! The hose actually works...too funny!
Dakota has also declared Pizza his favorite food....he always says "Let's eat Pizza". So we had pizza for his Birthday dinner...he was soo excited! (Daddy was too, since it's his favorite food as well)
Shortly after dinner...it was "Birthday cakes" time. I made Dakota his own little cake so he could have fun, and then a separate cake for us to eat. Dakota was so happy when we sang "Happy Birthday", and he kept trying to blow out his candle...Daddy ended up helping him.
Daddy has to have milk with his cake, so naturally, Dakota did too!
The finished product....
We had such a good day...I didn't want it to end. But after 2 baths & lots of playing....Dakota came to me at 7:30 and said "Mommy, I tired now". So off to bed he went. Mommy and Daddy were not far behind.








No comments:
Post a Comment