Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day!

The Smith's had a great Memorial Day Weekend!  The only way it could have been better was if The Flyers would have won at least 1 of their 2 games.  We went to the beach on Saturday & Sunday...had a great time.  He just LOVES the water and the sand.  We saw stingrays, and we watched the tiny clams dig into the sand.  He was so into the clams...we must have done that for 20 minutes.  Then we told him it was time to play with his sand toys for a while...he went under his umbrella and played with his sand toys for at least 20 minutes.  Kevin and I just looked at each other, thinking it can't be this easy...but it seems to be.  I am going to enjoy it, because I am sure those terrible 2's are gonna come soon...lol!
We also did a lot of swimming over the weekend...again, he just loves it.  He can maneuver all around the pool now, and doesn't need, nor want, us to hold him.  He loves it!
Monday night we hit Dairy Queen for some ice cream....Dakota had so much fun.  He just chilled in his chair, eating his ice cream.  We sat outside, because I was prepared to let him have fun, which usually means a mess...but he was great! (I don't think he wanted to waste any of the ice cream)
Then it was home to "watch hockey".  Dakota is really into hockey, he knows how to melt his Momma's heart!  Let's hope the Flyers can win their games at home this week!  Go Flyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment