Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I think that Kevin had a great Father's Day!  Saturday we made Daddy Breakfast...Scrapple & Eggs!  Yum!  Sunday morning Kevin got up early & went fishing for a couple of hours...as soon as he walked in the door, Dakota grabbed his hand and ushered him into the kitchen "open presents Daddy".  He is obsessed with presents.  After Daddy opened his card that Dakota signed himself, he opened his presents.  Immediately Dakota says "have cake"..LOL! I didn't make a cake, so I got off with giving him a cookie.  He's really into parties.  He tells me all the time "Mommy, I go to party".  Sometimes he even get more specific and says "birthday party".  A couple of the shows he watches have been talking about Birthday parties, and he has really been into it. Anyway, we then went to the beach for the day.  I gave Kevin the option to do whatever he wanted...it was his day.  I really thought he would pick to go fishing all day...but he chose to go to the beach.  We had a GREAT day...it was so much fun.  Dakota just loves the ocean....he was basically in it the whole time.  He found a group of teenage girls that he liked...he's quite the charmer.  He was finding them shells, giving the shells to them.  It was so cute.  We also showed the girls the baby clams that dig into the sand.  He loves it, and spent a good portion of the day looking for them. Here's our little beach bum on the way home from the beach...
zonked out....
The plan was to go swimming when we got home...but we literally pulled in the driveway when it started storming.  So into the tub he went, then we watched the lightning storm from the Lanai.  Then dinner and Dakota was in bed by 8pm!
Dakota has discovered the movie CARS.  It was on the Disney Channel this weekend, so I recorded it.  We watched it twice on Saturday night, twice on Sunday night.  He doesn't sit and watch the whole thing...but he really likes the racing parts.  Here are some pics of him from Saturday night.  He was having such a good time, he was being a ham & being goofy.  I loved it!
Watching CARS on the couch...
once he realized I was watching him....
then he moved over to the recliner...
He was having so much fun just goofing off and laughing...we had a great time! I truly adore this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment