Monday, March 8, 2010

Irish Fest!

Yesterday we went to the Irish Festival here in Cape Coral. We had a really nice day! Dakota had a blast running all over the place. He found some "sticks", and they were his favorite toys for the rest of the day. We sat and watched the Irish Dancing, Dakota was smiling and dancing in his spot. He kept pointing to them, saying "dancing". All of the older Irish women were just eating Dakota up, wanting to kiss and hug on him, saying how cute he was! Then Daddy won him some toys. Dakota also loved the big blow up slide. He would sit there all day watching the kids slide down. I took him down, he LOVED it! Here is the video, Kevin took it, so I apologize for the "all over-ness"...lol!


Again, Dakota seems to be picking up any words that we use. When we pull into our driveway, he says "house", when we get out of the car & it's night time, he says "moon" & "stars". When he wants to dance to the music, he dances, then says "spin", he loves to spin, and loves to tell us to spin. He also says "stomp", he stomps his feet, and asks us to do the same. He says "delicious", granted, it's sounds more like "licious", but he says it when he tastes something he likes. Kevin makes a point of telling me that our meal was delicious, so that is how Dakota picked up the word.
Dakota recognizes, says, and tells us the sound that the following animals make; cow, frog, horse, dog, cat, sheep, duck, snake, dinosaur, bird, pig & owl! It's so cute. I will try to get video. He has decided that he wants to ham it up when I try to take pics or video...so it's really hard to get what I am looking for. He likes when I video him, then when I play it back for him, he says, "hey, that's me", and points to the screen.
Dakota is getting really good at the Alphabet, like I said before, we sing the ABC's when we are brushing his teeth. I have started to leave pauses, see if he knows the next letter...and he faithfully gets the following letters when I leave them out...D,G, K, P,S,V,X,Z. He gets so excited, basically screams them.
Dakota also loves the word "beach", he keeps saying it when he sees the beach on any of his shows, looks like we are going to be going to the beach this weekend...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment