Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dakota-isms

Dakota's VPK picture 
Fall 2012
Dakota went back to School from Holiday Vacation on January 7th!  His Teacher pulled Kevin aside when he picked him up on Monday...she said she just HAD to share....
They made snowflakes in class, and then they were talking about each one is different, no 2 alike...that they are unique.  She then explained that God gave each of us something that makes us unique...a talent, some sort of gift.  She then went around the circle asking all the kids what their special talent is, or what makes them unique? When she got to Dakota...his response....
"Hip-Hop Dancing"
and he then proceeded to break out into some dance moves in the center of the circle, in front of everyone!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!
On Tuesday I go in to pick him up...she tells me that they were playing outside, and it was time to clean up..she says "and you know how he doesn't like to clean up"...lol!  (Yea, Dakota is in a stage where he tries everything to try to get out of cleaning up....he will distract, throw tantrums, cry, whatever it takes).  So, she tells him, "Dakota, you HAVE to clean up...let's go!"  He looks at her, shaking his head... "Ugh, cleaning up is my enemy!" LOL!
Wednesday, I go in to pick him up...the Director of the School stops me...she is hysterical....apparently...the whole staff is just cracking up over something Dakota said....
They have prayer circle...and during this time they can send out prayer requests...ya know...pray for my Grandmom who is sick, pray for my Aunt & Uncle who just had a baby....that kind of stuff.  Well Dakota says.... "I need everyone to pray for my family" ...Pauses... (all the Teachers start looking at each other, like, ooohhhh what is going on?) he continues...."For us all to stay young forever"....pauses...."because really....who wants to get old?!?!?!?"  Oh my....the whole staff was just bursting at the seams....LOL!
THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!
 I know I said before that I still have Dakota's monitor in his room, and I use it...not the video part...but just for the sound...just in case something was to happen...I know, it's ridiculous...but it makes me feel better. :)
Well, one night...I hear him moving around...sounds like I am about to get a visitor, as it sounds like he climbed outta bed....so I wait, and wait....no Dakota.  So I turn on the video part of the monitor...no Dakota in bed...so I wait...and wait...STILL no Dakota!  I go check it out....this is what I find....
...he started to get out of bed...but then just decided to sleep on the floor...he even took one of his stuffed animals to use as a pillow...so funny!
Dakota ready to watch the Notre Dame game with Dad....
it got hot...so he took his shirt off...and thought it was so cool that he was walking around with no shirt on...made me take a pic...
We are SUPER excited that the NHL Lockout is over....
LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment