Lookin' GOOD!
On Saturday we drove over to the other coast to see Lauren play in a Softball Tournament.
Dakota looking cool in the back seat.
Lauren at bat...
BUNT!
oh yea...Aunt Maryann was there too! LOL!
We had a break between the games...so we hung out in the Hotel room...kids had so much fun!It was a great day! Dakota had fun too...but he wouldn't let me get any pictures of him....so funny!
So, I tell them to call/text me when they get on the plane, so I know they are ok. I was heading back to Ft. Myers, and they were flying out of Ft. Lauderdale.
So Sunday I get a voice mail from my sister, and she just says to call her back, she's at the airport, and I wasn't gonna "believe this one". I call her back....basically, to make a long story shorter....her flight was cancelled. She wasn't going to be able to get into Philly because of Hurricane Sandy coming. They were able to find her a flight out of Ft. Myers, but not until Tuesday...so they re-rented a car & drove over to stay at my house. Dakota was so excited to have them staying with us...and I think Darby was pretty happy too!
I wasn't prepared...so they got a Gourmet lunch from me...Hotdogs & Chips....LOL!
Tuesday morning we check them in on-line...then Maryann gets a phone call from Southwest... flight is cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy....cannot get out until Friday! UGH! They are stressed out because they are getting a Hurricane, and they aren't even going to be there to help prepare! So, after an afternoon on the phone, trying to figure out if they could fly into anywhere else close, get there sooner, etc. Southwest got them on a crazy flight path, but home by Wednesday night...they would leave Ft. Myers at 1:45pm, and after 2 connections, would land in Philly at 11PM...YIKES! But at least they would be home. I know they were stressed & anxious to get home, but we were happy to get some extended time with them. :)
Cuddle time with Lauren!
Utah likes to cuddle too....
We really loved having them around...
I am glad to report that when they got to the airport to check their bags...the guy at the desk looked over their flight plan...and asked why the heck they weren't on the direct flight?!? Maryann explained that she was told there weren't any seats. He said people must have changed their flights, because there were seats available. He moved them to that flight....they didn't leave Ft. Myers until 6pm, but landed in Philly at 9pm! YAY! I have to say, Southwest Airlines handled everything so well. They really did...I will fly them whenever possible. We had a really great time, just wish everyone up North didn't get a Hurricane in order for it to happen :(













No comments:
Post a Comment