Tuesday, October 16, 2012

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!

Kevin has been to Vegas a couple of times...but I have never been...until NOW!  YAY!  I finally got MY Vegas trip!!!!  We left Florida on Friday, and came back on Monday night.  It was perfect!  We were so fortunate that Grandmom & the Banka's were able to watch the kids for us.  I don't even think the kids missed us!  I was missing them though...by Sunday I was looking at other kids with "that face" as Kevin called it.  LOL!
Okay, I know I pretty much documented out trip on Facebook...so this is for the "non" Facebook people!  ;)
We land in Vegas 5pm their time, which feels like 8pm our time....we get our room, grab a bite to eat and head out to "check out the scene".
Our Hotel...New York New York! LOVED IT!!!!!
when you walk out of our Hotel to walk down the strip, there is a walk over...this is a pic of what you see  :)

We walked all over, through casinos, down the strip, etc.  
 our 2 favorite Casino's...
The Bellagio & Caesars
Paris was pretty cool as well!
Next thing we know, we are having a beer at some outdoor bar...and it's 2am their time...which seems fine...but feels like 5am to us!  This place is such an adrenaline rush...you feel like you could not sleep the whole time you are there!  LOL!  We walk around a little longer, then head back to the hotel....walking through the casino floor, we stumble upon an 3am impromptu Michael Jackson impersonator performing right on top of one of the bars!!!  SO COOL!!!!!


Saturday morning we were up ssssooooooo early...Kevin just couldn't turn off his internal clock....lol!  We had breakfast, then it was time for College Football...LOL!  Yup...College Football starts at 9am...YIKES!  Kevin went to watch Notre Dame, and I hit the pool.  The air was cool, and in the shade it was probably only 70 degrees or so (which is cold for our thin Florida blood!), but when in the sun...it was perfect!  I got to lay by the pool, have a drink, read a book...and get this....take a little nap!!!!  I have not been able to do that in over 4 years!!!!  It was heaven!
Our view of the mountains...loved this...


Saturday night we went to a Nightclub!!! Here's the best part....the club didn't open until 11pm!!!! (which feels like 2am to us...lol)  I am not sure how our old bodies thought we could do it...but I am so glad that we did...it was SSSSOOOOO AMAZING!  We went to a rooftop nightclub at the Palms...it had a retractable roof on the dance floor, 2 terraces overlooking the Vegas skyline, bottle service, dancers...it was so cool!
our view from one of the terraces....
us on the terrace...it was so dark...and poor Kevin was trying so hard to get me a pic with his eyes open...he ended up looking like a deer in headlights ;)
We had bottle service & everything.  (again, so dark...not the best pic...but the best we could get with my cell phone)
It was 5am (their time, 8am to our internal clocks) before we knew it....so much fun!  The whole time thing just blew our minds the whole weekend.  So, we stumble home...and this time I force Kevin to go back to sleep when he wakes up at 8am....by this point we NEED sleep if we think we are going to make it through to the end of this trip...lol!  10am...back to the bar for NFL Football....ugh!  Eagles game & beer at 10am!!!!
Sunday night we were back on the strip walking around...we saw the sights...
The water show at the Bellagio was my favorite...(as you can tell by how many pics I took of it...lol)







Kevin's favorite...Caesars...we walked the WHOLE thing....at least once...lol!
 We got gifts for the kids, and Kevin was determined to hit a Buffet...so we ate dinner at a Buffet!  We rolled ourselves back to the Hotel, relaxed the rest of the night.  Back to Florida in the am~!
We were looking out of the window of our plane...and I saw this...

...immediately I say to Kevin..."look, there is Radiator Springs!!!!"  (from the movie Cars) I have no idea what state we were flying over...but whatever we saw looked just like "Radiator Springs".
So we took pictures for Dakota....he was so unbelievably excited!  (if you click the pics, you should be able to then zoom in if you wanted to take a look for yourself) For him, this was like seeing Santa Claus...he LOVED it!
We ended up having a lay over in Orlando....so we were STILL drinking on the way home....lol!
 We really did have a fabulous time.  We could have spent the whole weekend JUST in our Hotel...but felt like we needed to try to see as much as possible.  I love my kids with ALL OF MY HEART...but I have to admit....WE needed this trip....it was so nice to realize that we really DO like each other still, and that we can STILL have SSSSSOOOOOO much fun together!  We had a lot of fun, a lot of laughs...We are already planning our trip back.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment