Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trip home part 2

The whole reason for this trip home...Joe & Doris' 60th Wedding Anniversary!!!!!
Their 6 kids got together & threw them this great party!  It was a great time, and I think they really liked it.  I know most people have seen the pictures on Facebook, but for those that haven't, here we go.....
The guests of honor....
Darby's outfit for the party....
and Mr. Dakota's...
I must have tucked in that shirt 500 times in the course of the night....LOL!
I am not going to post all 70 something pictures from the night, but let me just tell ya...there was a lot of family there....amazing that 2 people could create such a great family....we are all very lucky!  
Here is an example of how much family....(and this wasn't even everyone)
 Dakota had an absolute BLAST!  He was running around with Christian all night.... ( I think the soda helped!  He was sooo excited that I let him have soda...lol!)
The Smith's
Dakota & Darby with their cousin, Maddy
 and with the rest of the family...
Darby with some of her cousins...
Darby was getting passed around to absolutely everyone...I think the only time I saw her the whole party was when she needed her diaper changed.  She passed out for a little nap...
Dakota did come up to me at one point during the party & said to me, "Mom, no one loves me!"  I asked him why, his reply... "Everyone is talking about Darby, all the time"  LOL!  He did not like his little sister stealing the spotlight from him.  He was fine though, since I really didn't see Darby all night, I was able to throw him some extra attention...and everyone was lovin' him anyway.  
The token picture that I always take of us....
 and I took one with my little man as well...
His poor little lips were ssssoooooo chapped!  They were not used to the cold weather, and he REFUSED to let me put any blistex or anything on them.  He was convinced I was trying to put lipstick on him & freaked out if I even came near him.  I ended up waiting until he passed out for the night, then snuck in to put some Vaseline on his lips while he slept..hehe!
I am sad this is so dark...it might lighten up if you enlarge it to fit your whole screen...but here is a video of Dakota & Christian dancing... (sorry about the sideways)
It was snowing again when we got into the car to go home....so fun!  What a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment