Wednesday, March 7, 2012

trip home part 3

The next day was my family's turn.  We all met at my sister's house for the day!  We all used to get together every Sunday when I lived up there...this was before everyone's kids were involved in sports, musicals, jobs, etc.  My nieces and nephews were still small then...now so many of them are grown up...it's CRAZY!  My oldest niece is a Sophomore at Cornell (she was at College, but we video chatted with her)...and Darby is the youngest....13 cousins all together!  I wanted Dakota to experience what it is like to have everyone around at the same time....and just as I suspected...he absolutely LOVED it!  Again, I barely saw Darby all day...she was passed around the whole time.  So crazy to see my nieces and nephews holding MY kids....I remember holding them when they were born!
Here's all the cousins...
Dylan was missing from this pic because he had Baseball. Samantha was at Cornell, but you can see her on the computer screen....LOL!  Darby was taking a much needed nap.  Later that day Michael had to run to play an indoor Soccer game, then came back afterwards...crazy!
Lauren & Darby
 Matt & Dakota
 Dayna & Darby
 Rachel & Darby
 Lauren, Gwen, Cassie, Dakota, Matt & Rachel
 Matt & Darby
 Mike & Darby
 Matt & Mike with Dakota
 playin....
 Sean, Leah & Dakota waiting for Pollyannas to start!
 Dayna, Dakota & Sean
 Dakota & Leah checking out Dakota's new book!
 Rachel playing with Dakota
And then of course my brothers & sisters got to meet Darby for the 1st time....
Mark with Dakota & Darby
 Janine
 Stephen
Ursula
Maryann
We had such a fabulous time...I hated to leave!  Dakota had so much fun with all of his cousins...I loved it!
The next day is was time to pack it up & head to the airport....
Picture with Pop-Pop...believe it or not...this was the best one that I snapped...lol!
Both Dakota and Darby slept on the plane ride back....it was great!  People complimented us on the kids, saying they didn't even know they were on the plane!  It was a lot of work for a 5 day trip...but being able to be at the party, and then see my family was sooooo worth it!  Dakota asked if next time we take a trip to Pennsylvania, we could stay longer....I sure hope so!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment