Thursday, March 29, 2012

Darby Girl!

We had Darby's 4 month check up yesterday!  She is 14lbs. & 24 3/4 inches long.  I checked Dakota's book, at 4 months he was 14 lbs, 2oz. & 26 inches long.  Pretty darn close.
The Doctor said she looks great! He also said that I could start experimenting with cereal, fruits & veggies as soon as I feel she is ready.  He says that it's recommended to wait until 6 months these days, but a good indicator is if she can sit by herself in her highchair without any restraints holding her up...she's ready!  They also reminded me of no sunscreen...we are already counting down the days...May 14th to be exact.  Dakota has been asking to go to the beach...so we are excited!  The absolute cutest thing happened while we were in there.  Dakota asked the Dr. if Darby was going to get any shots, when he responded "Yes!".  Dakota said that he didn't want to see that, I told him that he could cover his eyes if he didn't want to see it.  The Dr. suggested that Dakota sing her a song while she is getting them, to help her get through them.  We went on with the appt. & I forgot about the whole thing.  When the nurse came back in at the end of the appt. to give Darby the shots....Dakota crouched down, covered his eyes...but started singing "You Are My Sunshine".  He sang it through 2 times while Darby was getting her shots....how cute is that?!?!?!?!  The nurse just about died...she was smiling ear to ear.  It really was soooo cute!
Here's the latest pics....
I just love the Jellies
Darby loves her Activity center
again...the shoes  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment