Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

We did absolutely nothing exciting for the New Year!  Dakota was fast asleep by 9:30pm.  Kevin and I did manage to stay up past midnight.  We toasted with Champagne, along with my parents tradition of having  a $1, quarter,dime, nickel, and penny in our hand at the stroke of midnight.  It's supposed to bring wealth in the new year.  Kevin said that maybe we should up the ante...because this doesn't seem to be doing us any good...LOL!
I spent the weekend taking down the Christmas decorations, and Dakota was not happy about it,  He told me to "Get Christmas back out".  He asks me at least 20 times a day..."Mom, Christmas over?", and when I say yes, he gives me his sad face and says "aaaaaawwwwhhhhhh".  It's cute & sad at the same time.
Here is a picture that I forgot to put up with the rest of the Christmas pictures...
Santa left Dakota Ring Pops in his Stocking.  Dakota has never had a ring pop before...so this was quite the experience.  Of course, he loved it!

I know I said this before, but Dakota is really into singing right now...I catch him singing along with all the songs on TV.  He asks me to sing our favorite songs, and he sings along.  He even sings along with all the songs in the Disney movies.  The other night we were watching "cars" (what else is new, right?) and he was saying the lines to the movie before they said them...it was so funny because it is just like we would do it...quoting our favorite movie as we watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment