Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Weekend!

 Christmas was so much fun this year!  Dakota is old enough to get excited about it, but still young enough to enjoy it without ripping through everything in 5 minutes.  This video is so precious....
 We had Grandmom & Pop coming over to watch him open all his presents...so I wanted to get a picture of Dakota with all of his gifts...
Then he asked me to get a picture of his presents....he was in awe!
He was still in the "open 1 present, play with it" mode.  We had to really push him to keep opening the gifts...he just wanted to play with the one he opened. 
 We ended up taking a break, eating breakfast...then coming back for more presents.  My parents had sent down some Kielbasa from Philly...so we were excited to eat!  Growing up, we ALWAYS had Kielbasa and eggs for breakfast....so happy that I can still have it even though I am far away from my family.
 Here are a few pictures that I snapped of Dakota loving on his new toys...I was completely torn between trying to enjoy the moment, and trying to document it....enjoying it won out...so here are the few shots that I did take.
 
 This is Dakota's favorite....the area rug of Radiator Springs, along with all the "cars".
 He also now has a table of his own....he loves to play cars on it, and color with his new coloring books.
Our friends stopped by later that afternoon to give Dakota a gift....(Yes, we are still in our PJ's in the afternoon...it's Christmas...lol)  How cute is this?!?!?!?  Dakota fits right in with his drink in 1 hand, remote in the other...LOL!
Then it was over to Grandmom & Pop's for Christmas dinner...and Santa left yet more presents for Dakota...
He left the chair that Dakota is sitting in, some puzzles, and clothes.  "Santa" (Grandmom) spoils him so much! 
 the chair kicks out to a little lounger/sleeper...he loves it!  He he is kicking back for a rest....
and on Sunday...relaxing with Dad, watching some football.  (We were already dressed, by the time they postponed the game)
another cold front coming through in SWFL...he was "Chilly" (nice little set up, huh?)
We hope that everyone had a great Holiday!  We did!  We are looking forward to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment