Then Dakota found his Easter Basket...I didn't show it to him, I wanted to see how long it would take him to notice...Kevin and I were cleaning up from breakfast when we hear "HEY HEY"...it was Dakota reaching up for his basket. I didn't put much in it, but I got him a little basketball hoop, Daddy was quick to grab it...set it up and the boys were playing "dunk" (Dakota's words) while I finished cleaning up.
We then went outside for an Easter Egg hunt...Dakota LOVED IT! He walked around with his basket, would walk up to an egg, point ,and say "Hey, Egg". He then would pick it up, put it in his basket...go looking for more. He was so excited! I think we may do Easter Egg hunts more often, we all enjoyed it so much. He still doesn't know that the stuff inside is candy...he just shakes them. He has opened some of them, looked at what was inside...closed the egg back up with the candy still in it. I am gonna let him keep thinking that as long as I can. Sorry that my pics are not too exciting...I feel like I need to hire someone to take pictures these days...it's so hard to snap great shots when he is moving 100 miles a minute.



Dakota had an absolute BLAST with the kids. There were 6 kids total...Dakota being the youngest. Then Christian, who just turned 2...then 4 more kids, the oldest being 12/13 ish! We had Dakota & Christian running around having so much fun playing and laughing. Boys in the swimming pool, and girls making up dances on the front lawn with my portable CD player. They performed for everyone after dinner. Then we got out the bubbles...so much fun! I wish that every weekend was like that. I had geared Kevin up for watching Dakota all day, since I was going to be doing the cooking & stuff...but to tell you the truth...he was perfect all day. Everyone had their eyes on him, he was just loving it all. He loved the food (caught him with a full mouth of potato chips & onion dip all over his face on 2 occasions), he loved the kids, he loved the attention, he especially loved the music & bubbles. Again, I needed a photographer to take pictures because I was so busy with everything else. I hope that people e-mail me their pics, if they do, I will post them for sure. It was truly a great day! XOXOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment