Tuesday, January 20, 2009

6 months old!

Our little man is 6 months old! I just got back from his 6 month check up, and he is doing great! He is 16 lbs, 1 oz. and he is 27 inches long. They seemed to be pleased with all that he is doing, and reassured me of the things yet to come. He did have to get 4 more shots in his legs, and 1 that he had to drink. He handled them pretty well, only crying for a couple of minutes, then flashing the nurse a smile as she was saying goodbye to him. I don't have to go back until 9 months. Below are pictures of Dakota holding his own bottle for the 1st time....he was very pleased with himself.

I am feeding him cereal for breakfast every morning, then he gets some baby food fruits for lunch, and then his veggies for dinner along with his normal bottles...the Dr. seemed pleased with that. As long as Dakota is happy, then keep doing it. He said that I can start giving him some diluted 100% juice...so I am excited to see how he likes that.

Otherwise we are just enjoying him...he still loves bath time with Daddy, and play time with us both every night in his room. He really seems to like that I am taking him walking a few nights a week, he is getting very curious and spends the whole time looking around. Now that football is over....we will be venturing out more often on the weekends. XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Every picture you post, you looks more and more adorable. Thanks for being a good Mommy, there is not enough of them in the world ;)

    ReplyDelete