Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vacation...part 1

Time to Head to PA/NJ to see our Friends & Family....
We decided to drive this year...we finally have a big enough car to handle us all...and it just made sense.
I was super worried about the kids...I had no idea how they were going to be...the longest we have had them in the car has probably been 3 hours...so how the heck were they going to handle 18?!?!?!?
We left at 11PM on a Wednesday night (in the pouring rain).  We were driving straight thru...only stopping for gas & potty breaks....
South Carolina(ish)
I was so nervous about keeping them occupied...Kevin doesn't have the most patience in the world...and I just envisioned everyone crying & yelling in the car for the whole trip....let me tell ya...it was the complete opposite!  Darby slept most of the time...it was really insane how much she slept.  And Dakota...well he was so excited that he was up almost the whole time...but not in a bad way...he wanted to see EVERYTHING!!!! He thought it was so cool to be in so many different states...he was looking at everything...talking the whole time!  I had packed food, movies, card games, video games, books...anything & everything that I could think of...they watched exactly 1/2 of Monsters Inc.  and that was it!  LOL!  They were happy to just "be"....it was great!  Kevin drove most of the time, and I dosed on and off...Kevin's Dad drove with us too...and he had his turn at the wheel too!!!  We made great time...until we hit Alexandria, VA!  UGH!  It was dead stopped...by the time we made it thru there...we hit Baltimore & it was pouring rain so hard that we couldn't see at all!  We made it to Mays Landing, NJ in about 21 hours.  Besides the traffic...I could not have asked for a better drive.
Friday morning we were back in the car, headed to my parent's house....we had a date.....a date with.....
DMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!  It IS our Happy Place....
we were so close....













What an A-MAZ-ING 1st full day of vacation!!!!  I love being home!  Don't worry...my kids were getting all the love in the world back at my parents house....they didn't even miss us!

No comments:

Post a Comment