Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sleepover!

Dakota got to have another sleepover with Christian on Friday....they were both so excited!!!!  After we got Darby off to sleep...it was all about them!  They were especially hyper tonight....running & jumping ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!  Finally, at 10pm...I got them into their PJ's, managed to get them to stop flying themselves from the arm of the chair onto the air mattress, and agree to watch "Wreck it Ralph"...with popcorn of course!  :)
I believe they both fell asleep around 11pm...not too shabby, I thought.  I slept out on the couch...just in case Christian woke up in the middle of the night & didn't know where he was or something...I didn't want them to be scared.  Well, around 4am....one woke up...and then they woke up the other one...and it was mayhem from there on out!  They did NOT go back to sleep...they were whispering, they were playing, they were doing anything BUT sleeping!  I tried everything...I tried to be nice, I tried to be mean, I tried to yell, I tried to scare, I tried to lay with them, I tried TV....nothing worked.  Finally, around 7am...they saw the sun coming up...and by then I could hear Darby in her room awake...so I gave up & just faced the fact that it was going to be a hell of a day in front of me....lol!
So, with that....I cooked a big breakfast of Pancakes & Sausage...then when Darby took her morning nap...we went outside to play...the boys ran around playing, we decorated with Chalk, we blew bubbles...whatever they could find, we did!
That afternoon...they decided they wanted to go swimming...yay!  So into the pool we went!  :)



Okay, so after swimming we got dressed & they were still going strong...me, on the other hand...was fading fast...so I pull out my last "magic" card...McDonalds!!!!!!  HAHA!  McDonald's is always a crowd pleaser...and this Momma was pulling out all the stops...lol!  So, we packed Christian's bag, and loaded up into the car to head over there...it's only a 5 minute drive from my house to McDonald's...well, I pull in, park the car...open the doors to unload the troops....Christian is OUT COLD!  He was so asleep that it took me a couple minutes to get him to wake up...I felt so bad.  He said he still wanted to go in though, so we head in.  He was completely out of it...I was basically guiding him in...after telling me what he wanted....he went directly to a booth...slept with his head on the table until the food came...LOL!  He magically woke up when the food got there though....lol!  Dakota, on the other hand...faded out REAL fast...he drank his Apple Juice...and then fell over, head in my lap, sound asleep....he didn't even eat!
Darby was glad to get the extra fries that he didn't eat...LOL!
Christian had a surge of energy when the food arrived....
it was short-lived....he was laying down before we could get out the door!
I loaded them all back into the car...and headed towards Christian's house....both boys were in and out of consciousnesses the whole ride.  They had finally hit their wall.  By the time we got back from dropping Christian off... Dakota was DONE!  He went right into his bed & slept for almost 4 hours!!!  He woke up to eat & watch some TV, then back off to la-la land! Needless to say...I was in bed early that night too...whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment