Monday, May 6, 2013

Kindergarten Orientation!

Yes, you read that correctly...Dakota is headed to Kindergarten!!!!! 
Outside the front door!  :)
He was so excited! 
Ok, so just to give a lead in....our neighbor is the building supervisor at the School that Dakota will be attending...so they have had many conversations with each other about school.
We go to sign in...Woman calls us over (which I later find out is the Principal), Dakota tells her his name.  Then blurts out "My neighbor Scott, he runs this place"  LOL!  The woman next to the Principal (who I later find out is the Assistant Principal), says..."oh you are Mr. Scott's neighbor....he told us all about you"  LOL!
So then we go thru all the little stations, we sign up for whatever it is that we needed to sign up for...and the Principals give us a little overview of how things are gonna run.  It seems really great...I miss teaching sooooo much...so it was great to be back in a school. 
So, when they are done...Dakota walks right up to the Principal & says "Thank you for the presentation".  The principal thanked him, and then looked up at me like "What?" So funny!
We also got to walk thru all the classrooms & meet the teachers...Dakota was ssssooooo excited!  He was bouncing off the walls by the time we left.  It's going to be very interesting come August 8th! :)

Not much else going on...we had a pizza night the other Friday night.  Dakota and I used to have Pizza & a movie date night every Friday night...and now that Darby is getting old enough...we thought it was time to restart them....

Darby has also elected to participate in Cheesesteak night....lol!
Dakota and his corndogs....ugh!  
I remember having to buy them by the case for his Big Brother not too long ago...
I made Burrito's for dinner on Cinco De Mayo...and Darby LOVED them...I love this stage where they eat everything...Dakota used to be a great eater too...now his diet seems to consist of hotdogs, pizza, PB&J, ham rolls ups, and pasta & meatballs (with no sauce).  I am thankful that he still likes his fruit, he loves oatmeal, and he doesn't mind drinking milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment