Sunday, September 25, 2011

no excitement around here...

There isn't too much going on around here...just our normal routines.  Dakota still loves school, he gets upset when I come to pick him up.  When he sees me come in, he gets a sad face and says to me "Mom, why you always come get me?".  I love that the teacher is getting him to do all kinds of stuff that he won't do for me...LOL!  She was really big on making him drink out of a cup...no lid, no straw.  This one I am sure is my fault...I would rather NOT clean up the spilled milk, juice, etc.  But he now is completely drinking out of regular cups.  She also has him dressing himself...again, I am sure it's my fault...I just dress him because it's the fastest...lol!  He is also eating all kinds of foods that he used to just flat out refuse before.  It's great!
We went to the beach on Saturday...his friend Gracie was there again....so they had another wonderful day playing together.
I am in the process of buying what I need for Darby.  I made a list and am checking things off as I can.  I am much more laid back for this one...I know that she really only needs me, food & diapers in the beginning...so I am not as uptight about having her room done, having every little thing that I want...she isn't going to know if she has to lay on a "blue" Boppy cover instead of a girlie one...it will all come in time.
Anyway, I found these toy bins on clearance...so I swapped it out in Dakota's room for his old toy chest...Darby will use the old one, he gets this one...he was SSSSSSOOOOOO excited!
I am excited because, at least for now, Dakota gets excited to clean up every night before bed....it's getting harder and harder for me to get down on the ground & move around these days...lol!

Lastly, our Football Sunday....
Dakota is finding out that Football Sunday's aren't so much fun when the Eagles lose...we haven't heard much from Daddy for the rest of the day...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment