SO, it was either venture out of the resort to try to find him some new shoes, or buy a pair at one of the stores....we chose the stores. BIG MISTAKE! Although I think these little crocs are adorable (love the Mickey cut out), they were $35!!!!!!! They didn't have a price tag on them, I almost puked when they scanned them. Needless to say, I bought them a size too big, and they will be worn often. They will never be left out either...I would die if the dogs decided to chew them. (they are just like a chew toy to them)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
DISNEY WEEKEND!
We went to Disney for the Weekend...it was our Christmas present to each other...and we couldn't wait to take Dakota again. We had a great time, perfect family weekend. Disney is so beautiful during the Holidays...I suggest going if you ever get the chance. This is the tree that you see when you 1st walk into the Park.
We attempted our 1st Character picture...didn't go so well. Notice Dakota checking out Minnie...so funny.

We had a great day at the park...we were walking past "it's a small world", the line was super short...so we decided to go on. Just as I was climbing into the boat, Dakota's sneaker fell off...INTO THE WATER!!!!! the boats are on a track under the water, the track & water are constantly moving...there was no way to recover it. When we got off the ride, we were looking for it "just in case". These 2 girls who saw the whole thing, said that saw his shoe in the current during the ride :(
SO, it was either venture out of the resort to try to find him some new shoes, or buy a pair at one of the stores....we chose the stores. BIG MISTAKE! Although I think these little crocs are adorable (love the Mickey cut out), they were $35!!!!!!! They didn't have a price tag on them, I almost puked when they scanned them. Needless to say, I bought them a size too big, and they will be worn often. They will never be left out either...I would die if the dogs decided to chew them. (they are just like a chew toy to them)
The next morning we had reservations for the Character breakfast. While we were waiting, Dakota found a train...he pointed and stared at that train, saying "train" for at least 10 minutes. Loved it.
Character breakfast! Dakota loved to watch them walking around the dining room, but wasn't so sure of them when they were right next to him. He didn't like them touching him either. Meanwhile, we ate so much breakfast that Kevin and I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day....until ice cream at night ;)


We let Dakota loose...he was running all over the place, having a great time. He was talking, laughing, saying "hi" to everyone. This is a pic of Daddy walking him back up the path he ran down.
not the greatest picture...but it was the best one we could get before Dakota wanted to continue running around. He had no time for us.

At Hollywood Studios they have an AMAZING Light show. We probably spend an hour just walking through it. The pictures really do it no justice.
Update on Dakota with his words...I swear, he says so many words I have lost track. He is a great communicator. I know that I am biased...but it's true. It seems like he picks up every word we say. The other night I was telling him not to stand up in the tub because it was "slippery"...out of no where, he repeats it. Granted, it's botched...but he is definitely saying it. He has little bath toys that are all animals...he tells me what each one is before I give it to him....and picks them up when I ask him to show me each one by name. He says "oopsie" whenever he falls, or drops something. He gets graham crackers in the morning for his snack...he says "please" before I give him one. Still working on the Thank you....but I am hopeful. lol! He says "binks" when we put him in his crib. When he's going to sleep, and in the car is the only time he gets his "binks". He tries to say Cheerios...it's not exact, but I can tell that is what he is saying. We still have a lot of pointing, followed with "that" when he is trying to tell us something, or he wants something...but I am working on it...loll! I am trying to get him to say "Ho,Ho,Ho"...he says it...but the "Ho's" are too far apart....working in having that down by Christmas. I have to start writing it all down, because there is so much more.
SO, it was either venture out of the resort to try to find him some new shoes, or buy a pair at one of the stores....we chose the stores. BIG MISTAKE! Although I think these little crocs are adorable (love the Mickey cut out), they were $35!!!!!!! They didn't have a price tag on them, I almost puked when they scanned them. Needless to say, I bought them a size too big, and they will be worn often. They will never be left out either...I would die if the dogs decided to chew them. (they are just like a chew toy to them)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment