Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

Kevin and I had discussed any traditions we wanted to have for Christmas. Kevin said that he couldn't remember any with his family. The traditions that I remember with my family were that we always decorated our Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve, and that my parents would have an "open house", everyone we know would at least "stop by". It became quite the event there for a couple of years. Well, although I love them, they just aren't going to happen in the Smith household. The other thing I remember with my family was that we always went out as a family to pick out the Christmas tree...again, not happening here! I do plan on taking after my father in the years to come (did I just say that?), I would like to make Kristicki's (sp?), they are polish cookies and they are amazing. I would also like to make his famous "hooch". He makes his own homemade baileys type liquor...YUM! It quickly became what all of our friends wanted as presents for the holidays!
So, the traditions that we have decided to start are...the Christmas Pj's on Christmas Eve. And, Daddy is going to read "T'was the Night Before Christmas" before bed. Dakota LOVES books, and he sat through the whole thing like a good little boy!
We left cookies & milk for Santa
Dakota was having a hard time leaving them for Santa....
Bodi & Utah kept an eye on them....
Our Tree!
Santa came!

No comments:

Post a Comment