Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bring on 2014!

We hope that everyone had a great New Year!  Our New Year's Eve was a total bust.  I had this great idea to go Bowling for our New Year's Eve...I thought it would be the perfect outing.  Kevin could feel like we "went out" (he always thinks he's missing something by staying home on such a big night), the kids could bowl (they really enjoyed it when we went a few months back for a party), and in my mind...I would get the satisfaction of pulling off such a memorable night for the family...HAHAHAHAHAHA!
It all started when Dakota wasn't feeling well that day...he laid on the couch and napped most of the day.  He had a fever...but it went away as soon as I gave him some medicine.  He insisted that he was feeling better...UNTIL we got there.  Kevin and I, still believing that we were going to have this great night...paid for 2 hours of bowling!
Dakota was feeling awful, walking around like he was 90 years old....wanting me to hold him, not wanting to bowl, etc.
And Darby....she wanted to be held too...and if we weren't holding her...she was running around like a mad woman....Kevin was annoyed at me because I was trying to contain her...he told me to stop smothering her...I told him if I didn't, she was going to run in front of other people bowling, run down the lanes, run all over, etc.  Of course, Kevin being Kevin...told me to relax, "I'll watch her" he says....well...FINE!  I let her go...and where did she go?!?!?  All the way down to the other end of the bowling alley...and THEN decided to run through the lanes down there...in front of people, down the actually lanes, etc.  YUP...we were THOSE parents....All it took was Kevin chasing her ONE time...and he was like "let's just get outta here"...so we left early, everyone was mad...what a DISASTER!  As soon as we got home...Dakota put himself to bed (at 8pm), and Darby decided to continue her rant around the house until 1am!  When she finally dropped, Kevin and I were exhausted...YAY! 2014!!!  LOL!
2014 did bring us at least 1 more week of Eagles Football!!!!!
All dressed for School!
We may have lost to the Saints...but we had a good time....
 Utah is such a good dog...he let them do whatever they wanted to him  :)
 
 We also got some pretty cold weather...for Florida at least!  I get excited when we get to wear jeans, get to wear sheatshirts...

and FOOTIE PJ'S!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment