So some beach days were in order....
They just LOVE their ice cream on the beach...Dakota can sense the guy...I swear...lol
Darby likes to wear her hair in double pigtails :)
Life seems to be going so much faster...I am trying to think of the things I want to report on that the kids are doing...it all just seems so overwhelming at times...and I know people really like to see the pics...so I end up just posting a couple pics, a quick blurb...and then I am onto the next task...so I apologize about that...but I am sure everyone can relate.
Dakota had an OUTSTANDING 2nd report card...he got A's in Language Arts & Math (they even get percentages in these two classes as well...pretty intense for Kindergarten). The rest were all S's, and he had great comments from the Teachers. He also got lots of ribbons...perfect attendance, no tardies (being late), he got a ribbon for being a great friend, and then he got some coupons for all kinds of free stuff to do around town...batting cages, bowling, movies...pretty cool that the local business' are trying to encourage kids to do well in School.
Darby is really starting to do a lot....she counts, sings, knows her colors, knows her animals, etc. She talks in full sentences, and almost all of the time we can tell what she is saying. She loves to play has such a sense of humor. Her and Kevin play...it's really cute. So funny to see how different he is with a little girl. She really plays with Dakota too...and when he feels like playing along...there is nothing better than hearing the two of them having a great time, giggling & smiling together...it's awesome! And on the other hand...nothing is worse than when they are NOT getting along...and driving me to insanity! She is really rough on Dakota...she has no mercy...she will hit, kick, pinch, bite...whatever it takes to get the job done...and poor sweet Dakota doesn't have a chance...LOL! Darby uses that baby sister card VERY well...she knows she can get away with it, and that Dakota cannot fight back. I am always telling him that he needs to "love his sister", "protect his sister"...I hope one day it clicks :)





No comments:
Post a Comment