DARBY
Darby girl...my little ball of fire! I love her to death...but some times she makes me wonder why I wished for a daughter...lol! This girl loves her Mommy...and loves to be attached to her!!! She literally is happiest when I am holding her...and on certain days, will spend the whole day following me around, whining until I give in & pick her up. But then on the other days....she is sssssoooooo curious & independent. She is constantly trying to figure something out, break it, put it back together, see if it fits, etc. She is starting to try to answer the TV shows now....she loves Dora & Diego, Umizoomi, Max & Ruby, Sesame Street. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba now too. At 1st she was a little scared of it I think, but now she loves it. We spend a lot of time dancing during this show, as well as Jack's Big Music Show....she LOVES to dance. She spins herself around, claps her hands, bends her knees, and flails her arms all over the place...it's so cute! She also loves to give kisses, blow kisses, and gives the absolute BEST hugs. She is also a climber...she will climb up anything, get on tables, climb the pantry shelves, into her highchair...anything....I hate this because I know that this means the days of a crib are numbered...it's only a matter of time before she figures out that she can climb that thing too...ugh! I am no ready to have her have free reign yet...lol! My little girl is FUN-NY! She laughs, makes us laugh...she is going to be trouble...just like her Daddy!
Darby is 15 months old! :)
DAKOTA
aaaahhhhh...Dakota is my oh so sweet smarty pants! He absolutely loves to please....gets so upset when he does something wrong...it's so hard to discipline him....he gets so upset...you want to just hug him & tell him to forget about it. BUT...I need to make sure he knows right from wrong, Fact from Fiction, etc. Dakota is still obsessed with CARS, not only the movies...but any kinds of cars, trucks, trains, etc. We watch OverHaulin', he even watches the Car Auctions on the Velocity Channel...he LOVES to see all the cars...gets more & more excited with each one! He told me that the next time we go home for a visit, that he wants to spend a day with each of his Uncles, in their mechanic shops...so he can help them work on cars...I guess that is where he gets his love of cars from....lol! Dakota's other favorite shows...."How it's Made", "Factory Made", "Survivorman", "Strip the City", and animal & science shows...seriously!!! It's insane! He LOVES these shows...chooses to watch them! It's funny, because I act all excited with him....when inside I am thinking, REALLY?!?!?!? He does have a guilty pleasure...WIPEOUT! We watch this all the time. If I would let him watch...his other favorite shows are "World's Dumbest...", and "Ridiculousness"....ugh! We are constantly battling over these shows. I do not want him to watch them because I think they just aren't necessary...although no one gets hurt badly, just the language & the target audience is too old for him. Spelling words in front of Dakota is quickly coming to an end too...he can't quite read yet...but he must know enough to figure things out...Kevin and I were astonished when he knew what we were talking about after we spelled out the stuff we didn't want him to know...LOL! He is also doing really well with his addition & subtraction...we ask him to spell & do Math at random times throughout the day...and he does really well! We also have a little boy & little girl that are across the Street from us.. Gage & Maddie. Dakota LOVES when they are there...the 3 of them play for hours and hours together...it's great! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment