Tuesday, November 13, 2012

and more busy-ness!

We went right from Halloween, right into some more visitors...The Vallese's were here for 10 wonderful days!  I sure didn't take as many pics as I should have...but I was too busy having fun!  :)
Tara and Darby...
 Joshy having fun with Darby too.....
 not the most flattering pic of Darby...but she was having SSSSOOOO much fun!
Joe lovin' on the kids....
the "boys"
Darby liked hanging with the boys....(wonder where she gets that from?!!?!?)


Kevin & Joe heading out for some night fishin'!
Tara & I stayed in for some night drinkin'  
(not a good pic, but we were havin fun!)
We had so much fun with them around...we wish they never had to leave...Dakota cried when we left them for the last time...I did too!  We did a lot of laughing, a lot of drinking, a lot of eating, we went to the pool a lot...it was great!  I miss them so much!  You know how it is with your best friends...it's just great!

During this time, we also had to vote!  Dakota and his class were very into the Election, they had been learning about it for a while.  They even voted in their class!!!!
waiting in line...
Cast your Ballot!!!! (look how hard he's thinking...lol)
Down here in Lee County, Florida...we had quite a day of voting...for some reason...we (again) were made a laughing stock of the country.  The county did not plan well, and some people had to wait as long as 5 to 6 hours to vote.  We had a paper ballot, it was 4 pages long, you had to fill in the little bubbles, THEN you had to wait in line AGAIN in order to submit that paper ballot thru a scanner to vote...it was a disaster.  Each precinct only had 1 or 2 scanners...and they often jammed or broke down.  Anyway, I had to wait in line with BOTH kids...I was so nervous to end up being "THAT MOM" with the screaming, misbehaving kids...lol!  Luckily, they were both gems!  I waited just under 2 hours in line to vote...and people came over to me to compliment on the kids afterwards.  The local paper captured a picture of Darby & I during our long wait.  If you click the link below, it should take you to the page....we are picture 14 out of the 27 in the gallery.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment