Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

We had a great 3 day Labor Day Weekend! I took Dakota to the play ground 2 out of the 3 days. He loved this little race car thing. He could make it shake back and forth. He was also saying "VROOM, VROOM".
Here is a picture of Dakota on the swings. He could stay on there all day long. The higher the better. He also liked to go slow, so he could look around at everything else going on.
We had a pasta night, and BOY did he get messy!
We hit the bath after this! He had it in his hair, in his ears, even on his eyelashes!!
We also went to the beach over the weekend. I will post pics soon, I haven't uploaded them yet. And, as usual, we went swimming! Weekend wouldn't be complete with out some pool time. We must have keep him busy, because Dakota slept like a dream the whole weekend. Saturday morning he slept until 10am! I swear when I went in to get him, he had literally grown overnight! He slept until well after 9am on Sunday and Monday. This morning when I went in to get him ready for work, he was sound asleep. When I woke him up, he was looking at me like I was crazy...why was I waking him up?!?!?! LOL!
I almost forgot...Dakota has teeth coming in all over the place now. His 5th & 6th broke through his gums...they are on either side of his top big teeth. Then the 2 next to those are bulging through his gums presently. He is also getting at least one more bottom tooth...you can literally see the outline of it through his gums! With that, I have been trying to feed him more grown up food. I get really nervous about the whole choking thing. I really thought I was doing a good job, until one night I fed Dakota some chicken, and then put him in the bathtub. He was spitting out little chunks of chicken while we were laughing in the tub!!!!!!!!!!!! I have since figured out that he stores the food in the back of his cheeks, like a little chipmunk! I am constantly checking back there now before I give him more food on his plate. Labor day weekend was Dakota's 1st taste of hot dog and also hamburger...he LOVED them! He also had Watermelon, loves that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment