Monday, August 17, 2009

13 months

Dakota is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING now, he is really enjoying it. It's funny because sometimes he is afraid to fall down, so he just stays there as long as he can...then he just cries for me to get him. I am okay with this, I have this horrible vision of him whacking his head on the table/drawer. So I like to show him how to get himself down.
Dakota is loving his sippy cups as well (thanks Leah)! I still think it's funny that I had myself so worked up over the change. I thought he wasn't going to drink for days...and he didn't even care.
He was all happy, just standing up against the wall watching TV.Friday, this is how I found him when I went to get him in the morning!
Dakota has really started babbling a lot. He says Da-Da constantly, Ma-Ma when he really wants something, or is whining. He says "again", "hi", "this","yay"...and he is still saying what sounds like "sh!t". I haven't figured out what he thinks he is saying....but he will say it all the time, even when he is playing by himself. It cracks me up all the time. There are times when I am working with him on words...he can say cat...but since we don't have one...I don't know if he knows what a cat is, etc. He says doggie, and when we ask him where the doggies are...he looks for our dogs. He says other things when he is trying to repeat us, it's so fun.
AS far as foods, I haven't found much that he DOESN'T like. I am still feeding him baby foods, but mixing in more and more regular food as I can. He still only has the 4 teeth (although #5 & #6 are about to cut any minute) and I am petrified of him choking. He pretty much eats whatever we are eating, then I supplement with the baby foods to make sure he is getting everything he needs. I have been buying different fruits every week to try, and the only thing he didn't seem crazy about was a plum. I will try it again later on. It's hard at work to let him explore with the foods, but I am trying. On the weekends we just put food on his tray and let him go at it. He loves yogurt, so we have that often as well. I tear up cheese for him to eat, but like to buy the shredded cheese for him to eat. it's so much easier.
Dakota has also graduated to no baby tub...he plays in the tub like a big boy. so far so good! he loves the bubbles, and hasn't tried anything crazy yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment