Monday, August 26, 2013

Adjusting to the School life.....

Update on Dakota in Kindergarten....
In the 1st week and a half....he got in trouble 3 times for talking too much....LOL!
They run the class on a color card system, and everyday you start on the color green, if you get in trouble, you move to yellow & the Teacher tells me about it in his planner when it is sent home for the night.  I won't even go over the other colors....because Dakota will never get past yellow....I hope!  Dakota said he cried when they made him go up & move his card.  :(
Of course, I was stern with him on learning to follow the rules...but in my head I was giggling a little....I KNEW this was going to be hard for him.  1 of the 3 times was the 1st Fire Drill of the School Year...which...as a Kindergartener....is VERY exciting...so again, although I didn't let him see it...I was not too concerned about it.
I am pleased to say...Dakota is now "staying on green"
We have 4 nights of homework a week, and so far...no weekend projects.  We have flashcards that we go over periodically too!
I think that he is doing well, the only thing that I see that we need to work on is that he is always trying to get everything done fast, he wants to be the 1st one done...so he doesn't take his time.  I am trying to work on that at home, as I am sure his Teacher is as well.
One day, I asked him about lunch, when I opened his lunchbox, most of it was still in there....
"Dakota, why didn't you eat your lunch?"
"I didn't have time"
"What? Why didn't you have time?"
"Well, Mom....it's the only time we get to talk freely..."
(I bust out laughing)
My complaint as being a "Pick Up" Mom.....
the Pick Up Line!!!!!
It's really insane...and even more insane...the parents behavior IN the pick up line...LOL!
I am a people watcher....so this is just delightful for me....so interesting!

Darby seems to be adjusting JUST FINE!!!!!  LOL!
This is her the 1st day Dakota was in School all day & she got Mommy all to herself!!!


she loves her smoothies....




No comments:

Post a Comment