Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vacation- PA side

We got to my Mom's house...and immediately Dakota wanted to cross some things off of his summer "bucket list".......



Darby had fun too!

We spent the day with cousins, swimming, eating & laughing...it was just what we all needed.
When the kids were spent & ready to pass out...we headed to my Brothers house...we stayed there for this trip...and I have to say...it worked out great!  Dakota had a BLAST with his cousins, Matt & Mike!!!  He just adores them!
Hanging in Matt's room, playin' in the ipad!

Darby liked to watch the Fish Tank! (it was a 50 gallon tank)
Again, I did terrible with taking pictures every day...I was just enjoying the moments too much to get up & get the camera.  Our days were spent at my Mom & Dad's...filled with cousins, Aunts & Uncles, Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop's...it was great!  It did rain one day....so everyone just hung at the house...then Lauren & Dayna took Dakota to see Despicable Me 2.  Kevin went with the bigger kids...they went to the indoor go cart tracks to race.  And I was lucky enough to be home when one of my friends had their baby...so I snuck away to go visit them at the Hospital!!!!!
We got to see Michele.....so happy that she snuck over :)

 
Friday night we headed over to our Friends house...the only picture I snapped was of Dakota and Catherine...
They had a blast!  Catherine also has a twin sister, Ella....the 4 of them were running all over the house having a great time!  I wish I spent every Friday night this way!
Okay, here are the pictures from my two niece's Graduation party!  They were nice enough to have a joint one while we were home...I haven't missed a Graduation party yet!!!!!
 Leah...

 Sloane....


 Dakota & Leah took a rest break....
Catherine & Ella had fun!!!!



 Matt taking Dakota for a jump....
 Matt's Girlfriend, Cassie...who Dakota claimed as his own...he LOVED her.  He even got her a piece of cake & brought it to her all on his own...brought her a fork...such a gentleman  :)
 more Catherine & Ella....

 warm up break with Mommy  :)
 Matt was popular....Ella liked him too!!!!
Dakota snuggling with Lexi  :) (and using her phone)
SHOTS!!!!!!!!
We even had a very cool looking caterpillar that showed up to the party....Gwen caught some cool photos...
Rachel & Dakota!!!
Darby found cake!!!!!
some snuggle time with Mom-Mom....
and Dakota found himself in a Gabel Sandwich....LOL!
Oh My Goodness what a great day it was....I just loved every minute of it!  Darby was a little bit of a pain...but I was asking a lot of her...by this time we were on our 9th day of vacation...and she had slept in about 6 different places...been asked to socialize with over 50 different faces...so she was a little clingy.  She was fine if I was out of her sight, fine if she didn't hear my voice.  It was so sad...I found myself hiding from my own daughter!!!!!  Not because I didn't want to be around her...but because I wanted other people to be able to hang out with her...she was so cute, social, and outgoing...as long as I wasn't around! 
Sunday morning....Aunt Ursula & Uncle Stephen were so nice...they made Dakota a special belated Birthday Breakfast!!!!!
Who doesn't love Pancakes & Donuts on the same breakfast plate?!?!?!
Dakota was ecstatic!!!!!
Then it was off to our last day at my Mom & Dad's....
another pool day with the family....we had leftovers from the party to finish, and more fun to be had!!!!  :)

 the twins!!!!  LOL!

 he loves himself some snuggle time....
 more swimming time with Gwen!!!!

 buddies....
 Rachel might have met her match with eating....LOL!




Another great day!  Darby was much more at ease...maybe it was because there were less people...and she finally got used to being at the house, being around so many people...all I know is that I loved watching her with everyone.  Dakota has been easy from the beginning...he walks into a room like he just saw everyone the day before...even though it's been a year...LOL!  I never have to worry about him....he loves every minute of it.  He actually told me that he was staying...I said, "well, do you still want to stay even if Daddy, Darby & I leave?", he got all serious, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Yes, sorry Mom!", and gave me a hug!  LOL!  He cried a lot when we left (I cried too), and cried on the car ride too!  It broke my heart!
Sunday night we went back to Karen's house...spent the night hanging with Mackenzie...Dakota had so much fun talking to her about all the super heroes...that girl knows her stuff!  :)
It was off to the airport Monday morning.....none of us were excited to get back to Florida :( 
(Even Kevin said that he could stay a while longer)
kids on the flight home.....

and last but not least....Dakota was excited to be able to get home so that he could start learning how to ride his skateboard...he just LOVES it!
 I have a nephew that is a senior this school year...so I am already looking forward to next years vacation and Graduation party!!!!!  We can't wait!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment