Wednesday, June 13, 2012

VBS (Vacation Bible School)

Dakota's Pre-School is attached to a Methodist Church, and last week was their Vacation Bible School.  His Teachers came up to me & personally asked that I PLEASE sign Dakota up.  They said that they loved him, needed him, and looked forward to him entertaining everyone throughout the week.  How could I say no?!?!?!?  We get there the 1st night...his team is the PINK team...he is NOT happy.  He does not like Pink, does not want to be on the Pink team!!!!!  I literally had to talk him down about it for the next 24 hours...the next night I had him bring stickers for him (& everyone else on his team), so they could decorate their name tags...he seemed to be much better with a pink name tag...with Monster Trucks all over it...LOL!  The Director said that he wasn't the only boy that complained...and that they will have to re-think using Pink next year...LOL!
He had a great time, said that Science class was his favorite, and I went on Friday night to watch the closing ceremonies where they sang all the songs & reviewed what they learned.  On the way home, he told me that he wished he had Vacation Bible School all year long!  They also asked that the kids come to the services on Sunday to sing for everyone.  I did take him to both services, and in between they had a pancake breakfast for everyone.  It was very nice.    Here is the video I took of him and his little girlfriend, Olivia.  Before services started,  they were playing the songs from Camp, and playing a slide show of pictures from the week.
I have another video, but I think it's too long...because it keeps telling me there is an error when I try to upload it.

No comments:

Post a Comment