This week was Mommy & Daddy's Birthdays! Dakota and I made a cake for Daddy for his Birthday...he was so excited about it. I had him all set up on the bar stool so he could help me with the mixing...he was doing a great job. He got a little too excited...was leaning on the counter too much...the stool gave out on him...and he slowly slid down off the counter...tipping the mixing bowl as he went. I was able to catch the bowl, and Dakota pretty quickly. There was a little bit of a mess...some of the water & powder cake mix all over the counter. Dakota was crying & I assumed it was because he scraped his shin...I was consoling him...and he started saying "I messed everything up, I ruined it" The poor kid thought he ruined his Dad's Birthday cake...it was so cute! I convinced him that everything was ok & nothing was ruined...and he never even noticed the scrape on his leg...LOL! Daddy chose steak & King crab legs for his Birthday dinner...I pretty much figured Dakota wasn't going to be into this dinner...but my rule is that he eats what we eat...or at least try. Well, Dakota absolutely LOVED the crab legs. He called them "spider legs", and we couldn't crack them fast enough. It was a fun dinner for us all!
Friday was Mommy's Birthday. We had the Phillies Season Home opener to get ready for...
It was a very exciting game at the end....and we were very happy that the Phillies won the game!
Dakota and I go food shopping every Friday night (I know, so exciting), and Dakota did not want to skip it. I decided to surprise him with a dinner date to McDonald's for my Birthday!
Funny story (even though it wasn't so funny when it was happening)!
I had to stop at the office to do something...while I was concentrating on getting that done...Dakota happened to take my keys...and I couldn't find them!!!! They just moved into this office, so there is still file boxes all over, etc. I COULD NOT FIND MY KEYS FOR THE LIFE OF ME!!!!!! I was asking Dakota where they were, but he's 2...what did I expect him to say!?!?!? Anyway, I ask him where the keys are, he tells me "uuuummm?", So I say, well I remember you had them over here & were playing with them...where did you go next? He starts to pace back and forth, tapping his finger to his lips...I say "what are you doing?", his response..."I'm thinking!". So funny! Anyway, took 20 minutes to find my keys, with no help from the little guy.
Here is a video of Dakota singing Happy Birthday to me! I just adore this kid...best part of my day!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment