Wednesday, February 3, 2010
check up
Dakota went back to the Dr. yesterday for his check up from the Bronchitis, he is all clear. He weighs 25 lbs, 7oz. He gained over a pound in 2 weeks...the nurse was beside herself. He wasn't really eating when he didn't feel well...about 3 days into his antibiotics he became a madman. He was running all over the place, eating everything in sight, talking up a storm...I couldn't believe it. If he saw ANY kind of food, he was pointing to it saying "some", and ate everything we gave to him. He has also started to blow on his food now when I give it to him, say "hot", then he says "HHHHMMMMM". Kevin thinks it's the funniest thing. Dakota now says "kiss" and "hug", so cute. When we show him pictures of himself, ask him who it is, he says "me". If he doesn't know what something is, he asks us "what's this?". He is so curious. He really is saying everything now...I even caught him repeating Daddy when Daddy thought Dakota wasn't listening...Daddy needs to really watch his mouth from now on! lol Dakota has also starting playing the "sleep/awake" game. He just thinks it's hysterical that when he says sleep, we pretend we are asleep, and then when he says awake, we wake up....he laughs so hard! Dakota is getting a little bit aggressive sometimes in his play...so I have taught him "nice", so now he pets my face and says "nice"...so funny. He pets the dogs and says "pet". Sometimes he tells me "nice" while he is petting them too...so cute! At least I am getting treated as well as the dogs...lol! Speaking of the dogs...this is how I found Bodi the other afternoon. Dakota was taking a nap, and from where I was at my desk...it looked like Bodi was watching the monitor...
Kevin has started to take Dakota to the basketball court around the corner at night after work. Kevin has his basketball that he shoots hoops with, and Dakota has his own that he bounces around. They have a great time. Dakota now has learned to bounce the ball on the tile instead of the carpet at home. He learned that it's much more of a bounce, thinks it's so funny. We are working on the whole having a catch theory. Dakota holds out his arms when we tell him to catch. Then he tells us to "catch", tries to throw it back. He is getting there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment